The Aims & Objectives of HAFS, in detail, are listed below:
- To make a record of all those who are interested in or have descent from the Hungerford, Winder and associated families in Australia and to promote the Australian branch of the worldwide family.
- To promote, encourage and co-ordinate research and bring up-to-date a complete genealogical tree.
- To record events in the family, eg births, engagements, marriages, deaths, any change of address, achievements, etc.
- To distribute Newsletters from time to time and to produce a periodical Journal of a high standard of journalism which will include historic articles and other points of interest concerning linked family members.
- To promote the preservation of archives in the State (Mitchell) Library of NSW and to acquire, in time, a reference library of copy materials of our own.
- To have meetings from time to time, where lectures, papers and discussions may take place and special speakers may be invited.
- To hold an Annual General Meeting each year to include, if desired, a Family Dinner. Historic tours and social activities could be included.
- To reciprocate with members of the Federation of Family History Societies and to distribute our Journals to selected organisations.
- To enhance, above all, a sense of belonging to a family and to pass on its wonderful stories to the next generation.