Hungerford & Associated Families Society Inc
The Hungerford & Associated Families Society Inc (HAFS) has and will collect significant amounts of information (including personal information ie information that can reasonably identify you as an individual) (the “Information”) about members of the Hungerford and associated families around the world. This Information may be collected by personal contact, correspondence or via the HAFS website.
While HAFS is not subject to Australian privacy laws, this Information is generally considered by the HAFS Committee as being “confidential”. By this is meant that the Information is not disseminated in any manner publicly other than in accordance with HAFS aims and objectives. The Information is kept in secure premises, generally accessible only by some members of the HAFS Committee. Other than in accordance with this Policy, HAFS member Information will not be sold or given to any third party but HAFS may disclose Information as required or permitted by law or with your implied or specific consent.
This Information is usually collected from the following sources:
- publicly available sources such as government records (eg births, deaths and marriages)
- publicly available third party sources such as books, other publications and articles
- information about individuals that has been given to HAFS by that individual or a relative thereof. Such Information may also be given to HAFS subject to the conditions in our Gifts & Donations Policy.
Information collected concerns living and deceased individuals and will extend to information about Hungerford and associated families’ activities such as Information about homes, other places of significance and occupations etc.
This Information is collected in furtherance of the aims of HAFS, these being:
- To make a record of all those who are interested in or have descent from the Hungerford, Winder and associated families in Australia and to promote the Australian branch of the worldwide family.
- To promote, encourage and co-ordinate research and bring up-to-date a complete genealogical tree.
- To record events in the family, eg births, engagements, marriages, deaths, any change of address, achievements, etc.
- To distribute Newsletters from time to time and to produce a periodical Journal of a high standard of journalism which will include historic articles and other points of interest concerning linked family members.
- To promote the preservation of archives in the State (Mitchell) Library of NSW and to acquire, in time, a reference library of copy materials of our own.
- To have meetings from time to time, where lectures, papers and discussions may take place and special speakers may be invited.
- To reciprocate with members of the Federation of Family History Societies and to distribute our Journals to selected organizations.
The Information is used by HAFS:
- to contact HAFS members on matters regarding their membership, various HAFS activities and publications and provide other services to members
- primarily as a repository of historical information regarding Hungerford and associated families and is available to and used by members of HAFS to write articles for HAFS publications and the website, and
- made available to HAFS members who wish to research their ancestors, and
- may also, at the discretion of the HAFS Committee, be made available to approved third parties for a legitimate historical or research activity
- in order to fulfil a request you may make.
HAFS may collect your:
- postal address, suburb, postcode
- contact telephone, fax and mobile phone numbers, email addresses
- interests (related to HAFS.
Information is not generally made available to third parties other than in accordance with this Policy. Copies of various items donated the HAFS may be made available to members and third parties, subject always to cost and copyright restrictions.
You are able to make changes to the Information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular use of the Information or service. We will make it clear how you do that and HAFS will, on request, provide details of information it holds regarding you.
HAFS are committed to protecting your privacy and understand that our members and other users of the HAFS website are concerned about the privacy, confidentiality and security of their personal information.
When you visit the HAFS website, our server makes an anonymous record of your visit and may obtain the following information for statistical purposes only:
- user’s server address, top level domain name and country of origin
- date and time of visit to the site
- pages viewed and documents downloaded by the user
- type of browser used
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
Payments made for merchandise or membership are made via PayPal, bank deposit or cheque. Information as described above may be collected to enable HAFS to fulfil your request eg to post merchandise to you, at your request.
This site contains links to other sites. HAFS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the accuracy of the content of these third party websites.
Approved by the HAFS Committee
14 March 2019